How to get to Chartres
Please, fill your starting point.
No itinerary was found.
Near Paris and the châteaux of the Loire, our beautiful city promises a real change of scenery and incredible dynamism. Here are the different ways to get to our medieval marvel of a city.
Chartres is 60 minutes from Paris (88 km). You can come from:
- Motorway from Paris: A6 direction Bordeaux-Nantes, via the Porte d'Orléans, then the A10 and A11 towards Nantes.
- Ordinary road from Paris: D190 towards Rambouillet, via the Porte de Saint-Cloud.
- By road from other places:
- RN10 from Tours and the south-west
- D923 from Brittany
- RRN154 from Rouen and Orléans.
Distances by road:
- Paris: 88 km (one hour)
- Orly Airport: 75 km
- Charles de Gaulle airport: 120 km
- Orleans: 73 km
- Blois: 100 km
- Le Mans: 120 km
- Rouen: 134 km
- Tours: 141 km
- Mont Saint-Michel: 257 km
- Nantes: 299 km
- Bordeaux: 483 km
Every day, 33 trains link Chartres to the Paris-Montparnasse train station (1 hour), 12 daily link with Le Mans and regular links with Brittany) There are numerous regional lines serving the towns of the area for you to discover the sites and monuments of the surrounding area.
More information: voyages-sncf.com
By air, flying into Paris
Paris airports are accessible by motorway from Chartres: Orly Sud and Orly Ouest at 75 km (45 minutes) and Charles de Gaulle at 120 km (80 minutes).
Tours airport is 150 km from Chartres (2 hours).
So what are you waiting for - it's easy to get here!
Check out our public transport page for travelling around while here.