The city of Chartres has nearly 2,500 paying parking spaces underground (Epars, Chatelet, Les Halles, Grand Faubourg) or in multistorey facilities (Pierre Sémard) and 2,000 parking spaces in the streets. The Epars car park alone has 1,112 spaces including 55 for large vehicles (camper vans, for example). A great opportunity to leave your vehicle behind and enjoy our beautiful city with no hassle.
Parking in the city centre
For all pay zones (with parking meters), parking time is limited to 3 hours and the hourly rate is about €2.40. However, you can have the first 30 minutes free twice per day (morning and afternoon).
Regarding parking for disabled people, the city of Chartres has 63 places, many of them located in the city centre, and marked with the disabled logo.
There are 4 other paid car parks: Sainte-Foy (Monoprix, 45 places), Place Morard* Place Drouaise* and 3 Detours*.
If your tour, shopping expedition or stroll has taken rather longer than expected, and you're worried you didn't put enough money in the parking meter, don't panic, Chartres offers a PaybyPhone system, which is easy to use:
- download the app,
- find a space in the city centre,
- open the app and select the desired time,
- before the time runs out, you will receive an SMS, which will ask if you need to extend your time in Chartres.
* Open 24/7, outdoor car parks.
Which car park is most suitable?
Certain traders and shops in Chartres offer free parking for their customers in the following car parks, managed by the company Q-Park:
- City center: 1,123 seats, open 24/7. Address: Place des Epars - 28000 Chartres. Entrance ways: Place des Epars and Place de la Porte St Michel. Tel. +33 (0)2 37 20 00 18
- Hotel de Ville: 410 places, open 24/7. Address: Place des Halles - 28000 Chartres. Tel. +33 (0)2 37 20 00 18
- Châtelet - Cathedral: 352 places, open 24/7. Address: Place Châtelet - 28000 Chartres. Tel. +33 (0)2 37 20 00 18
- Parking Chartres station: 383 places. Address: Place Pierre Sémard - 28000 Chartres. Such. +33 (0)2 37 36 46 23
- More than 2,000 parking spaces in the city centre, in 4 high quality car parks: City Center, Hotel de Ville, Cathedral and Grand Faubourg (reserved for subscribing customers).
- Parking formulas to suit all needs: tariffs per fifteen minutes, subscriptions, packages, prepaid cards etc.
- Many services including a car wash in the City Center car park.